To create a culture of prayer for our Conference, churches, and members that grows them deeper in their relationship with God--giving them strength, courage, and impact in their own lives, the lives of those they love, in their ministries and that ultimately impact their communities.
Some of the ways we seek to do this:
- Our President's Prayer Partners -- a team of people committed to joining our Conference President in prayer. Monthly eblasts are sent out with prayer requests and answers to prayers. (Learn more below.)
- Blue Mountain Academy's Prayer Patch -- a team of people committed to coming along side a BMA student for the school year, praying for them, sending them notes of encouragement, and sometimes a small care package. (Learn how to get involved below.)
- Weekly Church Prayer Focus -- Each week churches across Pennsylvania join together to pray for a specific pastor and church district with a different district each week. (See our list below for the current focus.)
- Monthly School Prayer Focus -- Each month churches across Pennsylvania join together to pray for a specific principal and school with a different school each month.
- Prayer Rooms and Seminars at Conference events
- Sermons and seminars for local churches as requested
- Annual Conference Day of Prayer Event held in a local church and live-streamed throughout our Conference the first Sabbath of each year
Sermons with outlines for an afternoon of prayer--click on title to download resource. Our Team
Women's Ministries Director
Prayer Ministries Coordinator
Tamyra is the author of several books on prayer including "Praying Like Crazy for Your Kids," "Praying Like Crazy for Your Husband," and the new book, "Teach Us to Pray."
Monthly Prayer Focus
July Prayer Focus
July 2-8 Pittsburgh and New Brighton churches with Pastor Stewart Pepper
July 9-15 Beaumont, Drums, Slocum, and Wyoming Valley churches with Pastor Moses Andrade
July 16-22 Wilkes-Barre Hispanic, Hazelton Hispanic, Scranton Hispanic and Bethlehem Hispanic with Pastor Fernando Rocha
July 23-29 Harrisburg and Hershey churches with Pastor Dave Sanner
July School Prayer Focus The Northern Tier Christian School, Wellsboro, Pa., with Principal Jim Muhlenbeck
August Prayer Focus
July 30-August 5 Indiana, Johnstown, and Laurel Lake churches with Pastor Jerry Small
August 6-12 Altoona, Everett, Lewistown, State College and Pioneer End-time Ministries with Pastor Bob Snyder
August 13-19 Pottstown and Kenhorst Boulevard (Reading, Pa.) churches with Pastor Tom Stone
August 20-26 Carlisle, Mifflintown and Shermans Dale churches with Pastor Paul Wasmer
August 27-September 2 Allentown, Easton and Hope Fellowship churches with Pastor Carlisle Wildman
August School Prayer Focus Wyoming Valley Seventh-day Adventist School, Mountain Top, Pa.
President's Prayer Partners
Join our Conference President in praying for the specific needs of our Conference and ministries. As part of the President's Prayer Partners team, you'll receive monthly emails with prayer requests and updates on needs for which we've been praying. Together we can make a difference and watch God move across our state. To join, contact Tamyra Horst, email@example.com, and let her know you want to join with us in prayer.
Blue Mountain Academy Prayer Patch
Blue Mountain Academy Prayer Patch Partners encourage students, reveal God, and make a lasting impression on young people by simply praying regularly, sending a note or card often, and sending a care package occasionally. God often times these notes and gifts to arrive just at that moment when a student needed a reminder that someone cares about them.
You can impact the life of a young person. God will use you as you partner wtih Him to pray for a student and remind them that someone cares by sending a simple card, short note, or the gift of cookies or other simple treat.
You could be the difference that gives a student hope, courage or a smile on a tough day.
Sign up today by contacting Rosemary Eyere at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You'll receive the name of a BMA student and a little bit about them.
Then pray regularly. Send a note, card or package occasionally.
God will do the rest.