The goal of the Family Ministries Department is to help grow and strengthen families in their relationships to God and each other.
Grab your flip flops, sunglasses, Hawaiian shirts and sun dresses and join us for a weekend of fun, laughter and a little romance!
Download an application.
Registrations must be received by January 25, 2018.
Space is limited, so register early!
About our Speakers
Chaplain Jorge Torres was born in San Germán, Puerto Rico. He has a Bachelor of Science in Theology from Southern Adventist University and a Master of Divinity from Andrews Adventist Theological Seminary. He is a certified instructor in several Strong Bonds training modules that assist in the improvement of relationships. As a bilingual pastor, he has ministered in Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, and served as a missionary in Mexico and Taiwan.
Chaplain Torres has deployed twice to Iraq. Upon returning from his last deployment he served in Ansbach, Germany as a Pastoral coordinator and advisor to the chapels of Seventh-day Adventists throughout the United States Army's Europe Command.
Chaplain Torres is a recent graduate of the Command and General Staff Officer Course (CGSOC) at the Western Hemisphere Institute for Security Cooperation (WHINSEC), Fort Benning, Ga. He is currently assigned to United States Army Special Operations Command Fort Bragg, North Carolina as the Plans and Operations Chaplain.
Evelyn Torres was born in Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico. She is a certified instructor in seven training modules to improve relationships in marriage and family. She has been instrumental in the military’s support for the well-being of Soldiers and their families. She also served as a missionary in Taiwan. Evelyn is currently pursuing a degree in psychology with concentration in Christian Counseling. Her passion is to help and facilitate healthy relationships by providing the tools necessary to strengthen and improve relationships.
Chaplain Torres and Evelyn have been married for 20 years and have been blessed with four wonderful children: Gabriel 19, Alexis 17, Emanuel 14 and Joshua 11.
Women's Ministries Director
Family Ministries Director
Prayer Ministries Coordinator
- Information and personal coaching to help Family Ministries leaders get family-oriented programs started in their local churches
- Conference-wide marriage retreats every year.
- Family Worship at Camp Meeting every year
- Family-strengthening seminars at Camp Meeting (on marriage, abuse, trauma, depression, etc.)
- Video/DVD Seminars available for loan to churches--on marriage, parenting and other family issues
- Help in finding local Christian counselors
- Ideas for seminar speakers on family topics
- Specialized marriage and family information for pastoral families
- Periodic sermons and seminars by the Family Life Director at local churches on family topics